Monday 29 December 2008

My Fancy this Season

At the start of December I told Mcj that I would grow my finger nails and maybe have a manicure at the saloon just for the season. (I haven’t had one here yet.) And so I did. I found out that it will just cost me $25 for a manicure at the saloon in the shopping centre (saw some Filipinas working there). I just need time to schedule an appointment. I picked up a leaflet. Read that the saloon is not responsible for any infections that the customer may have after the fix. That fact hazed my mind on the manicure idea. The customer’s responsibility on the infection if it may occur is a given thing but it didn’t get in my mind that I may get an infection. The thought of acquiring an STD crossed my mind. I know, I’m being overly cautious but it pays to be sceptical at times.

So instead of going to the saloon I just did my nails myself. I have several bottles of nail polish that needs exploiting anyway. And I’ve got tools necessary to prim the nails – I only need nail pusher (can’t find any here yet).

Now, my finger nails are sporting a glittery gold polish. Been trying to look for a sample of the nail polish online but it’s too elusive. I think searching for dollar store franchise is much easier. I’ll try to take a photo of nails later. I might change the polish next week. That’s the beauty of doing your nails yourself.

0 comments: