Monday 29 December 2008

Big Move

I’ve promised myself that as much as possible I would minimise shopping next year and onwards. The impulse buying should be curbed if not stopped. Clothes, shoes, bag, etc. shopping should be scheduled and only then will I buy those items. Buying stuff that I don’t need should be contemplated and reflected thoroughly before spending.

Promises are made to be broken; it’s a very old cliché. I should really be sane when I feel the urge of spending. I should think practically. Do I need it? Why do I want it? Do I already own almost the same stuff? Where am I going to use it? Does the price justify the use? And the best way to deal with it is avoid going to the shop. And think of what I can buy with those moolahs in the Philippines – for us and for our family (I might buy my Nanay a tv stands or a new telly). Yeah, I want to save up for my shopping spree in the Philippines not because I want to save. Period.

Well, that’s the long term plan. Maybe after our trip to the RP.

0 comments: