Thursday 30 October 2008

ME Time

I had some ME time last week. And what better way to spend it than to go shopping? It was just a short yet sweet time.

The shops in our suburbs are not that big. There aren’t any department stores. Most of the shops are food stores – 4 supermarkets, restos, bakeries, coffee shops, etc. Ah! And several pet shops and real estates. There are also quaint little specialty shops that where ladies, girls, women’s frequently stop.

I saw and passed this one store named, Just Add Bling. There are pretty women’s clothes displays but I never investigated what else the store carries, until last week. And I was surprised by what I saw. Plus, the prices of the goods are not dear. I tried three dresses which fit me but I don’t like the colour so put them back in the rack. I ended up buying earrings and necklace set and a brooch. I didn’t pay much! I’m sure, I will be coming back in that shop.

Oh, and another thing that got me curious was the retail pos systems used by the owner. By the way, she was very friendly and helpful – one of the reasons why I would like to come back. She was using a notebook in entering the transactions and the system that she was using was a bit foreign to me. Not that I know all of the POS systems but I know at least some. I might ask her on my next trip.

0 comments: