Thursday 2 October 2008

Online Shopping

I really get frustrated when I’m shopping online (read: browsing) and I happen to like something and found out that the store does not accept Paypal. I’ll tell myself, now you just lost one prospect customer. I’m still dubious of giving my credit card details through the internet. I know that most people do but with the identity theft issues that I’m hearing every now and then, you can’t blame me.

It’s another story though if the transaction is over the phone. We give out details even if the other party is overseas (most cards these days work as international credit cards). You may wonder how more secure a phone transaction than an internet one. I don’t really know. I guess we base our judgement on experience. Mcj has been giving out credit card details over the phone since that mode of payment was made available so there the worry is less, I should say. At the end of the day, theft could happen anywhere anytime.

0 comments: