Wednesday 1 October 2008

Skin Condition

Up til now, I still didn’t un-cover the best acne treatment for my type of skin. Not that I have acne. I just used to have pimples when I was a teenager. They were not acne type but fine like heat rashes on my forehead. I also have an oily skin so from time to time back then, pimples would appear on my cheeks and chin. I can’t remember that I did use some cream or whatever. I think, it goes with age?

I really got curious what is acne. According to about.com, acne is:

a disorder of the pilosebaceous unit, or what is commonly called the hair follicle or pore. According to the American Academy of Dermatology, it is the most common skin disorder in the United States. Acne vulgaris, as common acne is known, is classified as a chronic inflammatory disease of the skin.

Acne is characterized by the presence of pimples or "zits", blackheads, and whiteheads. It chiefly affects the face, neck, chest, back, and/or upper arms of sufferers. Rarely you will find acne in other areas of the body. Acne varies in development from very mild to extremely severe.

0 comments: