Sunday 28 September 2008

Cooking Adventure

I’ve brought up some courage and time to do a little cooking adventure. Yes, adventure. Because I am not sure of the journey nor the outcome. I’ve tried bihon guisado, lumpiang shanghai, savoury mince and some baked chicked and veggies. So far, I only have complaint in lumpiang shanghai. I used puff pastries and they were wee think and absorbed so much oil in them. They were not the same with the pastry used in the Philippines. Well, that's what I thought. I might not try it out again soon. I need to find the exact same pastry that is used in the Philippines before I try it out again. But I need to get to the Filipino shop first, which is a bit far from our place so it needs to be planned. Maybe, next month.

Meantime, I might check the recipe of sweet potato casserole and see if I can do it. I have one recipe to do today though. Macaroni and cheese for Mcj. He requested it as he's still not able to eat our usual meal.

0 comments: