Friday 21 August 2009

Our Haven

I like the suburb where we live. I can call it a retirement place – not my ideal but close to. It’s just north of Brisbane – less than an hour drive if we want to feel the hassle bustle of the city and less than 30 minutes to the beach. We are close to the shops, schools, highway, hospitals and rail stations.

When I first came here, I was so amazed when I was woken up by the tweeting of the birds in the morning. It is so quite and so close to nature. It is a perfect respite for a busy mind.

I feel safe in our home. Home alarms are not necessary. I can stay at home by myself. Although the neighbours are quite far, I don’t feel we are isolated.

I am living in the best of both worlds. I am trap in the busy life of the city 5 days a week and in the weekends, I can have the quite time I so want. We are blessed.

0 comments: