Tuesday 3 February 2009

On Insurance and Travel

I'm well under way with the preparation for our long awaited trip back to the Philippines. We have an itenirary now. I've made up list of what to take with us, what to organise and bought some pressies.

The flights were all taken cared of last year. Mcj got us a travel insurance good for 22 days last week. I reckon it was a good deal for what it covers. Next in line will be booking for our accomodation when we're not staying in my parents's place.

I want to rave with the new deal Mcj got for our health insurance. We reckon, we were paying much before for our family insurance. Mcj, on one of those early mornings that he got up, shop around for cheaper insurance with almost the same cover. He found one where we can save at least 40% of what we were paying. I thought he would go along with it but without my knowing, he went to our current provider and might have negotiated and they lower down our premiums of at least 37 bucks a month. Not much really but multiply it to year after year of us paying for it and it will sum up to heaps.

Makes me think that maybe, I also need to buy term life insurance. I haven't got any. Though it doesnt worry me at all. :)

0 comments: