Saturday 7 February 2009

Should Recession Means less shoes?

This according to Carrie Bradshow character:

So how would the iconic Sex and the City character handle today's economic woes? Sarah Jessica Parker opines to Harper's Bazaar, "She would probably end up in a hospital. Perhaps she would go back to her '80s stuff and start bringing it out again."

As for the March cover girl, her own take on the recession is a bit less dramatic. "I know so many people who have lost jobs, are losing jobs, husbands who have lost jobs. I can't imagine going shopping." But that said, Parker does allow that "I don't have the Carrie Bradshaw passion and devotion to it, but I would much prefer that life would allow for a beautiful shoe all day long."

As for Bradshaw's legendary wardrobe, the actress, who maintains a very un-Carrie-like home ("Friends are readily disappointed by the size of my closet."), she enthuses, "I got to wear such incredible things, and you make such mistakes and there's such hits and great triumphs and there's incredible wrong, wrong, wrong ... But it's so much fun."



I don't have 80s stuff? Oh, maybe I'll just not give out my old shoes or those that I don't plan on wearing at all. Humm, just a thought.

Oh well, there are other things to think about other than shoes. There's the Oak trees. And what is that? I haven't seen any of it yet.

0 comments: