Sunday 28 March 2010

Winter Pretty

Gloomy, Musty and Mouldy Weather is coming soon down under. I don’t follow fashion as much but I noticed that the colour seems to suit the weather and mood of the people. Bland and dark colours – black, gray, beige, name all the neutral colours.

I’m no fashionista but I reckon it should be otherwise. Wouldn’t you want to lighten things when it is gloomy? Why not wear bright colours? I can only think two things why the fashion is this way. People tend to gain weight during cold months – it’s too cold to go outside and have some physical activities – would rather be a couch potato. I want to hide the unwanted pounds on my hips. Plus, even when the sun is up it’s still cold and dark colours attract the sun, so yeah, it could be a source of warmth.


Glamoosh Madam Bow $199 www.glamoosh.com


George Wu top $242, Caterpillar skirt $280, stylist's own brooches and ribbon belt, Alexandra Harper hat $250, Adorne bracelets $35 and ring $14.95, Leona Edmiston Pins tights $22.95 at Myer, Manas Lea Foscati boots $279.95 at Jules & Roc

I just have to admire them.. they’re quite pretty. One thing for sure though, I wouldn’t change my style this winter. Bring on bright tops.
*****

0 comments: