Monday 10 November 2008

What it takes to be driver.

Being a safe and reliable driver, one needs to have so many skills. There’s the multi-tasking while behind the wheels – foot on the brake or accelerator, eyes on the road and speedometer and side mirrors and scanning of traffic in roundabouts, corners and intersections, doing all these while steering. I am a quick learner but I think, I’m a bit old to just be learning how to drive now as my reflex is a bit slower. Well, my sister in law said, learning how to drive at a young age has an advantage as you will find it easy to learn a manual transmission than when you are after 25. I know, that’s why I only learn the automatic transmission car.

Apart from being a responsible driver on the road you also need to consider the safety of your car when parking. As much as possible, you need to look for a parking with security cameras around. Mcj said, don’t park next to an L or P plate vehicles. Fair enough.

I’m just starting and I’ve barely scratched the surface. There is so much for me to learn. I’m taking it in strides with so little time available for me to practice.

0 comments: