Sunday 13 July 2008

Food for Active Lifestyle

Do you know what to eat inorder to fuel your active lifestyle? It's carbohydrates. It helps keep you energized by maintaining blood sugar levels, and they play a key role in helping your body recover after exercise, so try to get 50% to 65% of your calories from carbohydrates. Most people get enough carbs from their regular diet, but they may not be the best kind. For the most healthful carbohydrates, choose fresh fruits, root vegetables (carrots, beets, sweet potatoes), and whole-grain products, such as brown rice, barley, and whole-wheat bread.

Talking of exercise, I really need to make a routine for myself. I noticed that I get tired easily though, it's not easy to keep up with a toddler, you know. Well, that's the reason why I need to get active. I really don't need a routine that revolves on treadmills but just some simple stretching and walking will do. Have to research about workouts that fit me. But first, I have to find time. :)

0 comments: