Saturday 12 January 2013

Best Director

I have not seen Argo but from what I read, it is an excellent movie. It has got good reviews and I was really surpised on Friday AM (Oz time) that BA didn't get nominated in the Oscars as Best Director. At least he won in the Critics Choice. That should mean something.

Take that, Academy! Hours after Ben Affleck was snubbed by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, which did not give him a Best Director nomination for his film Argo, he won in the same category at Thursday night's 18th Annual Critics Choice Movie Awards in Santa Monica. "I'd like to thank the Academy," joked Affleck, 40, while on stage to collect his hardware. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding! This is the one that counts." Affleck, who attended the show without wife Jennifer Garner, went on to thank his family by saying, "My daughter wrote my name on my hand for luck. I don't know how that works, but I guess it worked," he said. "I want to thank my kids and I want to thank my wife, without whom I would not be anywhere, much less here." http://www.peoplestylewatch.com/people/stylewatch/package/article/0,,20658248_20663880,00.html
Since, this is an off-topic in my blog but I really like his family.. might as well throw in some more. Have you ever wandered around interior decorating stores. I have not that I know of so I am curious if there is one around my area.
*****

0 comments: